What Personal Information about Customers do we gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your browsing experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our product and services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses jensendental.com.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from jensendental.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service, we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
We also use Google Analytics Advertising and Remarketing features. You can control your privacy settings for these features from Google Ad Settings.
Our website also uses Hubspot Tracking. Hubspot stores cookies on your computer that are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media. A complete list of these cookies can be viewed here: Hubspot tracking cookies.
In addition, our website uses the Facebook Pixel for Facebook Ads and Facebook Analytics. You can control your Facebook privacy settings from here.
Do we share the information we receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of jensendental.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Jensen, our users, or others. This includes compliance with subpoenas, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using the Verisign Secure Site Seal Program, which encrypts information you input whenever the URL address within our site begins with https://www.jensendental.com or https://jensendental.com. This encryption and the other steps we take to protect your information, we believe, are commercially reasonable security efforts, though no website can guarantee that its security will not be compromised. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
Jensendental.com gives you access to the following information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
- Your Membership Account
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “What Information Can I Access?” section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Jensendental.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use jensendental.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit jensendental.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Connecticut. If you have any concern about privacy at jensendental.com, please send us a thorough description to IT@jensendental.com, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with our sales staff.
Examples of the information we collect include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and phone number used to call our 800 number.